Dh and friend, Scott, putting tin around the chimney. It was very slick up there. I was sending prayers up for safety from the beginning and God was so good. No injuries beyond sore backs and sunburns. We also did away with the vents by putting a foam ventilation system in. You have to leave the sink and bathroom pipes though, and the chimneys.
Jun 17, 2008
Touch ups and then it's done....
Six days, 13 people, 5 gallons of tea, 4 boxes of water, and 5 large meals later - here's the almost finished project. We have to go back and put in more screws. We started at 5am each morning and by 2 (at the latest) we would have to stop because of the wind. Yesterday dh and Scott had the top ridge cap up there, had the foam glue sticky on it and the wind blew it off - almost hit the two of them. They came down! Dh and I finished last night around 8:30pm. It's pretty light in color - like sand, it mixes well with the river rock on the front of the house. What a blessing to have this almost done! Praise Jesus!