Nov 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving! May you have a blessed Thanksgiving - remember to give our Lord the thanks. Cherish each minute with your loved ones - for we are not promised another breath, or day. As a mom, I fight the urge to want to "do everything" and then stress out when it doesn't happen - a perfect house and decorations, perfect dinner, perfect etc - when the only perfect thing in my life is Christ!


It's been a tough week here - so hard to believe Joshy's been gone 6 years. I guess if I had to describe it - it's like the happiness and joy (that I knew before his wreck) - are gone. Our normal has now become a new 'normal'. Another demonstration is: my arm has been cut off; yes I can relearn to do things without it - but my arm will always be gone from that point on. The brain will continue to send impulses to that arm - even though the arm is gone. The nerves will continue to 'feel', and my missing arm will hurt, itch or tingle.
But.....the Lord is so faithful and He has given me new happiness and joy! Joshua is alive with s and we will be together again. Until that time.... His grace is enough!


3 comments:

Paula said...

Sweet Sister - Your strength is an encouragement to so many. May you be filled with that all-calming, peace-giving, pain-sharing Spirit that is only sent from our Lord, Jesus! God bless you in your "new normal".

Blessings~
P.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

What a blessing that you have decided to find a new Normal. Even though we have never met in person, I feel as if I've known you. You are a very strong woman and such an inspiration to others. Wishing you and your family a Blessed Thanksgiving---

May God, the source of hope, fill me with all joy and peace by means of my faith in him, so that my hope will continue to grow by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

LeAnna said...

Lord bless you guys! And praise Him for His rich mercies and grace that are new each morning. :)

Blog Archive