Oct 6, 2011

Answered prayers


God is so good - and His timing is perfect!

A few weeks ago, in my daily prayers, I was thanking Jesus for each member of our family. When I came to Joshua, I thanked Him for the 18 1/2 years we had Joshy here with us! I also asked Him to please not let people forget Joshy, and that his witness not be forgotten. Well....God is such a loving God - the next day I get this picture. It is taken by a professional photographer, dedicated to Joshy's memory. It said, "This picture is in memory of Josh, the man my son is named after"... it went on to list his name. I just started bawling, in praise because of all the things going on in the world - He did this for me! God, You are so amazing!!!!

Then today I was out of eggs, I need them to make supper tonight. Last night, I was picking the green tomatoes in the snow and didn't get to the neighbors where I buy eggs. So what happens? At school this morning, one of the mother's told me she had a dozen eggs for me! He supplies ALL of our needs!!

Lastly, over 200,000 acres near here burned from dry lightning last Friday - ranches were being evacuated, the winds were pushing the fires towards little communities - and God brings on the moisture! It was 3 fires in one - and they have 2 almost out, and 1 under control! Monday it was in the form of rain, and the last 2 days we have had snow! Our Lord, God Almightly is all we need! Fall is in the air here in the high desert!

Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a likin' to ya'!
Countrygirl
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes, God is our provider! What lovely examples of his goodness and love. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Awesome! Our God is good!

Countrygirl said...

Stephanie - I've tried to go and comment on your blog but it won't let me! I'm so excited for your family - what a sweet, sweet story!!!!

Rachel - yes, our God is good!!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

What a MIGHTY God we serve.
So thankful.
Beautiful post and thank you for sharing your joys!!!

Picking green tomatoes in the snow....hhhmmmmm. ;) glad to hear someone had tomatoes...no go here in the Sunflower State.

Blog Archive