Dec 11, 2011

Christmas program, eclipse, and joy

Last year, around this time Pastor asked me to do a Christmas play. So...I started looking for something with the message of Christ! Today we had our plays, yes plays! I picked one for the younger group and another for the older teens. Oh my goodness!

I want to post some pictures of it, but my pc crashed and I don't know how to add them from my iPad. Wh en I figure it out, if I figure it out, there will be some pictures on here! Plus we got one good one of the eclipse - yep, I set my alarm for 4:45 AM on my only day off and got up to see it. It was worth it!

Which brings me to the topic of finding joy in all things! We get so busy and wrapped up in our daily routine we forget to find joy! The other day driving home from work, I saw a bald eagle soaring above. Beautiful! Just watch a small child, everything is exciting and new to them. Emotions are real! They don't try to hide anything, nor do they care who sees! When do we lose this? Why do we lose this?

The Jews had light and gladness, joy and honor. Esther 8:16

He shall pray to God, and He will delight in him, He shall see His face with joy, For He restores to man His righteousness. Job 33:26

Therefore with joy you will draw joy from the wells of salvation. Isaiah 12:3

Our joy comes from the Lord! Don't let this world steal your joy!!!

Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liken' to ya'!
Country girl

1 comment:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Timely words my friend. I seem to have trouble finding joy this past week. Thank you for those words. Seems like the more I say I will have joy, the harder it has become to live it. Have a wonderful week...sorry to hear about the 'puter. They are the pits when they quit ;)

Blog Archive