Dec 19, 2008

There are things I don't understand........

.........but thankfully I don't have to - I just have to keep my faith!!

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Is. 55:8

A young friend of ours, who had cancer and was thought to be healed after months of treatment in Houston - has went home to Jesus today. He just became a vet before he got the cancer. He also married a sweet young gal about that same time. This is a strong Christian ranch family who has been thru so much. In the last few years his nephew passed away before his 2nd birthday - (the twin sister is doing wonderful and they have been blessed with another baby). His dad died within a year of the the little one - of cancer.
A miracle was what I wanted to happen here - he came home from Houston so full of life! (Who am I to say that this wasn't a miracle?) Now, I know that God doesn't ask me what I think should happen - but this is such a shock. Please pray for this family, especially his sweet wife. Pray for those of us who pray for them, who stand ready to help in whatever way we can.


Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Rev. 14:12

3 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Will be praying. Sometimes it is so hard to remember that His ways Are not our ways.....The word says that the Lord rejoices in the death of His saints, He longs for us to be home with Him...but it is hard for the ones left behind.

~M~

LeAnna said...

That is so sad, we will be in prayer. A friend of Brandon's just lost his 21 year old son to brain cancer a few weeks ago, and he has no real understanding of the sovereignty of God. I am glad that this family you know has the knowledge of Faith, and an understanding of it. I truly do not know how those who don't know the Prince of peace get through things like this. It's hard enough with His presence saturating every fiber- I can't imagine it missing...

Thank you for the scriptures and words of comfort, I needed those. I appreciate your comments so much.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Oh my gosh...that is very heartbreaking. My thoughts are with that family. May they feel the comfort of our Almighty God.
May you and your family continue to be a shining star to so many!

Blog Archive