Jan 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year from the high desert of northern Nevada. Ds took these for me a few minutes ago. It's beautiful here at sunset! Well, it's here .. 2008!
The temp is about 3 degrees. It's gonna get low again tonite. Thank the Lord for the wood stove, warm friends and family. Ds and I are headed out to supper here in a few minutes, dh is working.
We get to start another year - as we strive to reach the goals, realities, dreams that we feel 2008 holds for us. As for me - I want to simplfy my life. I want to spend more time with God and His people, to be debt free, to know what His will is for us, have fun, to have the kind of home where someone comes and feels "unconditional love and friendship" like my Gramma and Grampa had; and lastly I want to hear His still, small voice when He talks - and not be too busy with everything else. And so in Roy Rogers' words, "Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a likin' to ya'!"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ranch wife said...

Amen sister. I have really been thinking about the keeping things simple part. It has been on my mind to "fill up the time, with things that matter the most". Alot of fluff needs to go.
Beautiful pictures. I have been thinking about a new camera. I love to take pictures, and it is something I have kinda left on the back burner. You, Sara,Jen, and my friend, Karin, gal on the dirt road, inspire me.
Love ya,
Ranch wife

Countrygirl said...

I like my digital, but my SIL got one last year that takes better sport and moving pics. Mine is a Kodak Easy Share - she got a Canon. With the newer ones, you can use your regular lens from your other camera. It's pretty nice, and I'm sure was a pretty penny - but the prices go down as technology goes up.

Simplify!

Blog Archive