Mar 25, 2008

Easter evening

We went to Idaho and spent Easter with my 91 1/2 year old Gramma. She has checked herself into a nursing home - she was living in an assisted living center. She has a hip replacement sliding down her leg and needed more rehab care than the assisted living could do. So.....we spent the day with her and my parents. It was pretty nice. The nursing home was pretty clean, the staff seemed cheerful and kind. DS was showing pictures of his new pup, Billy, to Gramma when another lady came up to see. DS stepped back to show her the pictures and she told him, "Go to hell!" I didn't hear it, but we had warned him a little about how some of these folks could be. His face changed and he stepped back, went on showing Gramma. DH heard it and asked him about it after we left. He said, "Yep, that's what she said." She had a stroke and can't speak much but that's one of the few things she can say, rather clearly!

These deer were on the road when we were coming home that night. Isn't the little guy a cutie? They are in pretty good shape considering the winter we've had. I love to see the deer. ...........as the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after You. You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship You! You alone are my strength, my shield, to You alone let my spirit yield. You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship You. Have a wonderful day!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ranch wife said...

I love deer as well. We don't have as many here as we used to..but you should go over to Jen and John's house in the evening. They are every where. They come up to munch on the hay, and left over cake that falls to the ground. They are almost a pest, but fun to watch. Taylor likes to deer hunt. But Buck isn't all that interested. He won't admit it...but he is to soft hearted to kill them. Now if we needed the meat it would be different.
Pretty pictures, I just love looking at everybodies pictures.
Have a great day!
M

Blog Archive