May 22, 2008

Tired of Waiting

This was my grandparents. Isn't it a great photo? My sweet, Grampa Glen died when I was nine. Gramma never looked at another man, she only loved him. One time she told me that he was the only man who didn't mind her being so tall. She was 6' and he was 5'6". She called herself, ".... a tall, wallflower...", going on to tell that she didn't dance much. She also was able to manhandle all her brothers, she must have been in her 50's when I saw her flip her son! Blew me away. She's the strongest woman I know.

I think she was and is beautiful! She is now so ready to go Home! She took this picture down 2 weeks ago to a "reminisque" night and spoke of Grampa. She used to try and hide the tears she'd cry for him. She was from those who aren't comfortable letting others see you cry. When my son was killed, it was another deep wound to her. She never really recovered from it.

I found out yesterday that 2 valves in her 91 3/4 year old heart are clogged and they want to do surgery. She said, "No." She's had CHF for years. She has no strength left in her knees and legs. Her body is definately giving her a run for her money, and now all the medicines are confusing her. It doesn't matter.......she is and always will be that beautiful, strong, independant lady I know and love. May God give her the grace and strength she needs to get through this - or to go on!

Charm is deceitful, beauty is passing, but a woman who fear's the Lord, she shall be praised. Ps 31-30


Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a likin' to ya'
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ranch wife said...

What a beautiful post, and beautiful picture of a beautiful lady. I will be praying that the Lord's mercy and peace fall on all of you, during this time.
My grandmother was one of the greatest blessings in my life. She lived to be 97, and she went home very peacefully.
I love the verse "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones." Psalm 116-15.
Isn't it an awesome thought that the Lord is ready and waiting for His children. We always think it is just us, we are ready to go be with Him. But He is there waiting for us, with much excitement.
Love ya
~M~

Paula said...

My G-Ma was awesome also! She taught me how to make fork flowers, apple butter, and left me an awesome journal where she quickly told me what she thought about things I had and hadn't done! She passed away at 82 but told me before she left to go dig up some of her daffodils because she knew I loved them. Margaret Elizabeth Morgan Adamson Hogle wears many jewels in her crown!

Blessings Sweet Friend!

Blog Archive